The Steelaire Pro is the ideal solution for the touring/recording professional. Packed with features aimed at maximizing artistic excellence, both on stage and in the studio, it is meant for the discerning professional who needs more flexibility while maintaining the light weight and effortless power that Quilter amplifiers are renowned for. Designed by Pat Quilter and tested by some of the world's best players over tens of thousands of road miles, the Steelaire uses the latest audio technology to take the next big leap in high output steel guitar and electric guitar amplification.
The all-important loudspeaker is the result of a lengthy collaboration between Pat Quilter and Eminence Speakers. We started with Eminence's pro-audio cast-aluminum 15 inch frame for maximum rigidity and strength. To this we added a 3-inch aluminum voice coil, powerful neo magnet, and hyperbolic cone to assure outstanding frequency response, power handling, and freedom from breakup. As a finishing touch, a 4 inch aluminum dome adds a hint of sweet metallic chime, resulting in a creamy full bodied tone with a citrus-y finish.
The Steelaire Pro cabinet is a system that combines two products in one. The Steelaire Rackmount head slides into a deeper, taller cabinet with vintage styling that stands proudly on any stage. For studio use, the rack mountable head can easily be removed with a single thumbscrew, allowing the player to put the cabinet in an isolation booth while keeping the head close by for ease of adjustment.
The Steelaire Pro cabinet, constructed from 13-ply Baltic birch and covered with fabric-backed tolex, is the ultimate in rugged road gear while maintaining a classy boutique appearance. A padded, reinforced nylon cover is included to preserve its good looks for many years of service. Practical ideas, such as a 5 degree back-slant for better audibility on stage, and internal pass-thru slots that keep the various cables safely tucked away, emerged while listening to our panel of steel players discussing their real-world needs. The Steelaire Pro is intended to be the world's best amplifier, regardless of weight, for the steel player or any instrumentalist who needs the highest grade professional equipment. But with modern electronics and 15” neo speaker, the net weight of 35 lbs makes it easy to get on and off stage promptly without strain.
The Steelaire Rackmount head fits in a standard 2RU space, and delivers a full 200 watts into 4 ohms. Internal headroom of 400 watts provides plenty of reserve voltage swing, and very similar output from 2-8 ohms. With selectable input channels, a 4 band EQ, an adjustable limiter, tremolo, and a full-service reverb section, you get a full tool kit to optimize the sound of your instrument. In addition, a unique rear-panel effects loop with 9 volt DC supply allows you to customize the sound of your amp by wiring in accessory pedals of your choice, with integrated control using one of our 6 position remote switches. (Foot controller or leg mounted remote, available separately.)
Pro Cabinet with head:35 lbs (16kg), 23 x 21 x 10.5 in (48.4
x 53.4 x 26.7cm)
• Rack Mount head: 7.2 lbs (3.3kg), 2RU, 3.5 x 19 x 7.7 in (8.9 x 48.2 x 19.6cm)
• Powerful:200 watts (400 watts of internal headroom for maximum voltage swing)
• Dual inputs:Supports multiple instruments or buffered pedal loop
• Input mode selector:Selects Ch1, Mute, Ch2, or Ch1+2
• 4 Band Active EQ:Bass(100 Hz), Low Mid(500 Hz), High Mid(2kHz), Treble(5kHz)
• Limiter:Fully adjustable from clean to dirty
• Tremolo:Adjustable depth and rate
• Reverb:Adjustable depth, dwell, and tone
• Master:Adjusts output power from 0 to 200 watts
• Dual speaker outputs:1/4", 2 to 16 ohms
• Remote control connection:Accepts RJ45 cable (Cat 5,6,7,etc.)
• Effects loop:Send, Return, and 9 volt DC out, 200 mA max
• Direct Out:600 ohm, isolated, balanced, 300 mV peak
• Available accessories: Free ballistic nylon cover included. Floor mount or leg mount 6 way remote control and tilt back legs available separately.
Need help choosing a Quilter? Check out the guide at this link here.
Check out this link to a great review by Greg Cutshaw.
Got a question? Click here to email us. (Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org)