At Quilter Labs we take your privacy very seriously. We want you to know the entire story about how we use any data related to you and how we carefully safeguard it. We take the following steps to ensure that any interactions you have with us are kept private and secure.
This is the short version in plain english, but if you want the long pdf version, click here.
1) Cookies. This site uses them for two reasons.
a) Seeing what brought an aggregate group of users like yourself to our website. (Where did you come from? One of our ads? One of our dealers? Etc…)
b) Keeping track of your browser session when you have put something in your cart. (Otherwise your cart might get mushed together with everyone else’s. Which would be a mess.)
2) We partner with Google and Facebook in the creation of our cookies so that we can use Google’s Analytical suite, and Facebook’s Pixel tracking which helps us know that you saw an Ad on Facebook or Instagram that we paid for. Our policies apply to www.quilterlabs.com and Google and Facebook have their own policies which you can find here, and here. Google and Facebook’s policies do not apply to our site, and vice versa.
3) We really only ever receive Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in the event you order something from us. We only collect as much information is absolutely necessary to fulfill your order, and we don’t allow anyone else to access it. That is unless you are joining our email blast. In which case, at a minimum we have your email address and possibly more if you so choose to provide it but nothing more than a first and last name.
4) Email information is shared with our email blast provider Constant Contact. Their GDPR is posted here and by contract with us they are not allowed to share your information with anyone else without your express consent.
5) Orders and personal data. When you place an order:
a) We utilize the highest level industry standard to encrypt and confirm your transaction with Authorize.net who under contract with us does not disclose your information to anyone else except for the purposes of fulfilling your transaction. Their GDPR statement is here.
b) We DO NOT store or even receive credit card information. That information is securely transmitted to Authorize.net who confirms the transaction and processes the funds.
c) Your shipping information, order contents, and what type of shipping (i.e. Overnight, Regular Ground, 2 Day Air, etc…) are automatically moved to our local servers here at our shop. We leave your information on our web servers for a short period of time. Generally not in excess of 30 days after which time we remove the order from our web servers but may retain it on our local servers. We do this to be sure your information isn’t lost or stolen in the case someone should hack our web servers. If that did happen, then they would only be able to find out what you bought, and where we shipped it. Our web servers are located in the cloud using AWS who does not share your personal information as per their contract with us. Here is their GDPR statement.
d) Once your order is downloaded to Quilter Labs, our team reviews the order, and releases it for shipping. At that point, your information may sit around for some period of time up to 3 years. We keep your data on our secure servers for this long because there may come a time where you require service and we are able to retrieve your information for the purposes of servicing and correctly returning your product. We might ask for updated information if we are servicing your product. We need this to be able to return the serviced item to you.
e) After approximately 3 years, your data is “inactivated” which means it still may reside on our local server but no-one can view it unless an admin re-activates it. Which would happen only if your product required servicing and you purchased it from us.
a) We use industry standard security practices.
b) We test our security from time to time to ensure it works.
c) Access to your personal information is limited to the fewest employees possible to fulfill your transactions with us.
7) We don’t sell or share your information. That would be lame. We are not lame.
8) You have more rights as spelled out in our complete policy here.
TERMS OF IDEA SUBMISSION
You agree that: (1) your submissions and their contents will automatically become the property of Quilter Labs, without any compensation to you; (2) Quilter Labs may use or redistribute the submissions and their contents for any purpose and in any way; (3) there is no obligation for Quilter Labs to review the submission; and (4) there is no obligation to keep any submissions confidential.
Quilter Labs does, however, welcome your feedback regarding many areas of Quilter Labs’ existing business. If you want to send us your feedback, and we hope you do, we simply request that you send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can choose from the many other listed areas for your feedback. Please provide only specific feedback on Quilter Labs’ existing products or marketing strategies; do not include any ideas that Quilter Labs’ policy will not permit it to accept or consider. It’s just one more way that Quilter Labs can learn how to best satisfy your needs.
If our web site contains links to third party web sites, we do not control the content of those web sites. Unless specifically stated on this web site to the contrary, we are not affiliated with these third parties and we do not endorse or sponsor their web sites, products or services but provide them to you only as informational assistance. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site.
YOUR CONSENT TO THIS POLICY
IF YOU HAVE A PRIVACY QUESTION
If you have a privacy question about our site, please email: email@example.com or write: Quilter Labs, 1700 Sunflower Ave. Suite A, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA or feel free to just give us a call.